My Blog List

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Green Beans with Pancetta

It's been a crazy week here in Wisconsin. Madison is only an hour away. I've been busy attending rally's to support union members who are fighting to keep the right to collectively bargain.

I took a break to make the FFWD recipe of the week. It took three tries to find fresh green beans in a grocery store. This may have been a recipe to hold off on until summer, but the beans I found looked good.

The recipe is very straight-forward and quick. The pancetta added a very nice flavor. The butter a very nice addition. I'm kind of a vegetable wimp and tend to like vegetables a little overfilled. I followed the recipe exactly, and found the beans still crispy which would appeal to most. I would have likes them cooked a little more.

We ate the beans with fish and enjoyed them.

I'm really looking forward to next week's short ribs!

5 comments:

  1. Im glad you liked the green beans! My family gobbled them right up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to trying this again in the summer.

    Good luck supporting union workers in Wisconsin. It's needed and what's been happening to them is appalling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed them. I agree that they will be much better when they are in season; however, the recipe did do wonders to perk up those sad winter legumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things ARE crazy in WI these days! I have a friend who works across the street from the capital and she says its nuts getting to work. We loved this recipe and I've been fairly lucky at finding good green beans this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the beans...my hubby would have liked them cooked a bit more, too, but I love a crispy veggie :)

    ReplyDelete